Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Apple Coleslaw - Yummy O!


Although summer is over, who said you still can not make summer dishes.
I knew I wanted to put turkey burgers on the menu this week, but I needed a side dish to pare it with. So I decided to pare it with this recipe from Kraft Foods. My hubby was a bit leery when I said I was going to make apple coleslaw, but I think he will be pleasantly surprised tonight at dinner. If not then more for me. hehe

This is super easy and simple to make and most items I am sure you have in your frig or pantry.
Give it a try and let me know what you think.



3/4 c Mayo (or use Miracle whip, which ever you prefer)
1 Tbsp of Honey
1 pkg (16oz) of Coleslaw mix
2 Apples (1 red and 1 green)




Mix together the mayo (or miracle whip) and the honey in a large bowl.
We purchase our honey from the local Amish, but store bought honey will do just fine too.




Then chop both apples in medium to small chunks.
Add the apple chunks and the coleslaw mix to the bowl with the mayo/honey mixture.




Mix thoroughly all ingredients and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Although I did cheat a bit and have a little bit before chilling it, and it was super good!





3 comments:

  1. This looks and sounds delicious ! I am going to the grocery store tonight and I think I will try makin this tonight....TFS
    Prim Huggs n Blessins
    TJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome! If you give it a try let me know how you liked it.
    ~ Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks soooo good. You have great recipes, I'm signing up to be a follower!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts and comments.
Feel free to post your thoughts or ask a question.
~ Tasha