Friday, November 13, 2009

Frugal Friday

For those that know me, know that I am about as frugal as they come. I am proud to say that I learned how to pinch two pennies together and make a quarter from my grandpa Dave. Oh how I love that man, and will never forget all that he taught me. (Rest in peace papa dave)

So I thought that it would start a weekly thread about being frugal, and how I am stretching my dollar or pennies as it is most of the time. Somethings I am sure some things are common knowledge but a refresher course is always nice.


-----------------------------------------------------------------




Before we get to my frugal friday post, I have to tell you I am as happy as a dog with two sticks.
I have lost 7lb in 2 weeks!
My dh and I have completely changed our lives two weeks ago. We have cut out all
complex carbs, fast food, fats (olive oil, butter, etc) and raised our protein levels.
I have to say it has not been a easy task, but we are doing it.
Do not confuse this with the atkins diet, as that is a loose some pounds quick
so you can fit into that slimming dress next month diet while eating all the bacon you want.

What we are doing is a LIFE change! I did not realize how much CRAP was put into all the processed and boxed foods that we buy. We make everything from scratch, eat fruit & veggies, Use coconut oil for cooking, and make some very yummy dishes.
It must be working, since I have lost 7lbs in the last 2 weeks, without exercising.

Dont worry I am not trying to sell you some weight loss program, there is none. haha
Just changing our life by what we eat and how we cook it.
I will share some tested and tried, yum factor recipes with you all in the future.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------


Frugal Friday

Being tight on money like everyone else these days, I seem to find it harder and harder to even afford birthday cards and gifts. So I went rummaging through my closet and found a cute brand new candle in a little jar that I picked up at garage sale for .05cents this summer.

Then I rummaged through my scrapbook paper scraps and stamp sets
and other crafting items. Mind you I was doing this at 2am, so it did not turn out as good as I had hoped for, but here is the little card and candle set I made for my best friend for her Birthday yesterday. Cost me less then $2 for supplies to make.

Disclaimer: Please do not do craft projects at 2am, otherwise you will make a big oops mistake like mine and write upside down on the inside of the card like I did.




I used the same stamp from a set of 4 stamps I purchased a while back to make this,
as well as the other Birthday cards in a earlier post.
Stamps are a great way to maximize your dollar since you can use them over and over again.
Be sure to check our your local dollar store art supply isle, that is where I have found several cute stamps in the past.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts and comments.
Feel free to post your thoughts or ask a question.
~ Tasha